Back to Basics – The categories of emotions
Although emotional intelligence is key to many aspects of a successful life, most of us didn’t receive much of an emotional education.
It’s assumed that you either got it or you don’t.
My life has shown me that this isn’t true at all… and I’m terribly grateful for it.
In this Video About The categories of emotions, We’ll Cover
- Four main categories of emotion and their energetic functions.
The way that they move carries with it an energetic function.
Here are the four categories of emotion and the energetic functions it generally is trying to perform. Each specific emotion has a slightly different function.
The anger family: anger, frustration, irritation, annoyance, rage, … Occurs when your energetic space needs to be reclaimed (because a boundary was crossed or justice needs restoring for instance)
The sadness family: sadness, depression, deflation, gloominess, grief… Occurs when we are getting ready to let go of something. The energy goes down. (because we lost it or we’re done with it for instance)
The fear family:fear, anxiety, panic, … Occurs when we’re called to attention. The energy wants to be discerned. (because we need to plan, save our life or see what’s in front of us).
The joy family: happy, content, proud, … Occurs when we are called to receive and savor. The energy wants to flow and let in. (After an accomplishment, a nice word, …)
How to Live This
- See for yourself – do these categories and these messages make sense for you?
- Then come tell me in the comments.
1. What were your AH-HAs in this video? Share them in the comments
2. Continue your journey with the recommended next videos in this series
3. Have a look at the programs below to go deeper with energy healing